What to Expect During and After Treatment
During your treatment with Euflexxa
- Some people experience moderate pain relief after the 1st or 2nd injection of Euflexxa2
- Most people experience significant relief after the 3rd (last) injection.2
- For maximum pain relief, be sure to get all 3 injections.2
- When it comes to duration of pain relief, each person is different. In general, 1 course of 3 Euflexxa injections has been shown to provide up to 6 months of knee pain relief.2
- The most common adverse events related to Euflexxa injections were joint pain, back pain, limb pain, muscle pain, and joint swelling.2
After your Euflexxa injection
- Avoid physical activity for 48 hours after receiving your EUFLEXXA injection
- Ice your knee if you have any mild pain or swelling near the injection site
- Avoid standing on your feet for more than 1 hour at a time during the first 48 hours following the injection
- Ask your healthcare provider when you should begin major physical activities again
- Call your healthcare provider immediately if you experience joint pain, back pain, limb/muscle pain, or joint swelling, or if you have any other problems
To ensure you are getting the most out of your treatment with Euflexxa, make sure you follow the below steps.
talk to your healthcare provider about getting 3 injections in each knee.2
*As shown in a 26-week multicenter, randomized, double-blind, saline-controlled study of 588 subjects (ITT populations) with OA knee pain.2
Does insurance cover EUFLEXXA
Find a physician near you who offers EUFLEXXA
This is not a complete list of all physicians in your area. Ferring is not responsible for the consistency and accuracy of the information provided. A listing on this site does not constitute a referral.
If you have private health insurance
Good news! Most plans cover EUFLEXXA. Your healthcare provider’s office will check your benefits. If your plan doesn’t cover EUFLEXXA, your healthcare provider’s office will provide details on how you can buy EUFLEXXA directly. Payment can be made via FSA (flexible savings account), HSA (health savings account), credit card, or check.
If you have Medicare Part B
EUFLEXXA is covered 100% of the time.
Getting the most out of your treatment
If you are receiving EUFLEXXA or are considering starting EUFLEXXA soon, the HAppy Knees Program was made for you. Get informative lifestyle tips and information about EUFLEXXA via email and helpful appointment reminders via text. Sign up and we’ll communicate with you by email, text, or both. It’s your choice!